Remember to sign up for Murph on the sheets at Trebel! We hope to see you!!
From Real Food Outlaws...these are easy and portable!
- 6 pastured eggs
- 8 -12 pieces pastured bacon
- 1/3 cup (slightly rounded) coconut flour
- 1 cup shredded or chopped cheddar cheese (or favorite variety of cheese)
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 4 TBS fat (butter, coconut oik, bacon grease) - I use bacon grease.
- Add-ins of choice (optional) - I did not add anything this time:
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/2 diced onion
- 1/2 cup cooked, chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or basil (or 1/2 tsp dried)
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F.
- Grease 12 muffin tins with coconut oil.
- Cook bacon until crispy either in a skillet or in a 400 degree F oven.
- Set aside and save bacon grease.
- Mix the eggs, coconut flour, paprika, salt, and baking powder together in a bowl and let sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Batter will be thick like a cookie batter.
- Crumble bacon and add it along with the fat, cheese and any add-ins.
- Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until egg has puffed up and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven onto a baking rack and allow to cool slightly.
- Pop them out with a spatula gently by separating the each muffin from the sides and bottom of the tin.
Group Class Programming for Friday, May 12, 2017:
2. For time: 1 mile Run
Benchmark Workout: Barbara
How Low Should You Squat
Bacon Wrapped Buffalo Chicken Jalapenos