The Trebel Field Study is a 1 semester academic and work experience opportunity designed to help augment the students traditional classroom activities.
Students will be evaluated evaluated on the knowledge and skills acquired as a result of the experience.
Emphasis is placed on the academic and practical value of the work.
Learning Objectives for the Field Study
- Apply knowledge gained in the classroom to solving problems in the Trebel work environment.
- Identify common problems in the profession in which the student has chosen his/her work experience.
- Develop effective communication skills with client/patients/professionals with whom he/she is working.
- Demonstrate professionalism including appropriate attitude, dependability, punctuality, courtesy, cooperativeness, personal appearance, and attendance.
- Develop and update professional goals consistent with the student’s major and option.
Prerequisites for the Field Study
- Believe strongly in our core values of…integrity, mastery, achievement, commitment and leadership
- Entrepreneurial spirit, takes initiative, self motivated
- Puts others needs above his/her own
- Sense of humor
- Loyal and honest
- Easy to talk to, natural communication skills
- Can handle both “success” and “failure” constructively
- Looking for a serious lifelong career in the fitness industry
Throughout the course of the Field Study students will be introduced to the craft of coaching, more specifically working with individuals one-on-one.
Students will learn to develop a base understanding of movement systems and how to execute training of the movements with an individual.
Students will also learn to discern a position as a leader within their community as a fitness professional.
Relationship building, communication skills, and personal growth are the cornerstone of this Field Study opportunity.
Field Study participants will follow the Junior Apprentice 1 curriculum from the MadLab Professional Coach Development Program.
Field Study graduates can potentially have the opportunity to continue their career with the Trebel Wellness Solutions team.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about our Field Study opportunities for students.