This looks like a good recipe for the kiddos! And adults!
- 4 cups of assorted nuts;
- 1 cup shredded coconut;
- 1 cup of dried fruit; (dates, raisin, etc.)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil;
- 1/3 cup almond butter;
- ¼ cup raw honey;
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract ;
- 1 tsp. cinnamon;
- 1 tbsp. sea salt;
- Soak the nuts overnight in warm water with the salt.
- Drain the nuts and rinse them well in a colander.
- Place the nuts on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast the nuts in a preheated oven at 150 F. for 10 to 12 hours.
- Cool the nuts completely before using.
- Roughly chop half the nuts using a rolling pin or a knife.
- Place the other half of the nuts in a food processor and pulse until you get a soft powder (it will almost be pasty.)
- In a small saucepan placed over a medium low heat, add the coconut oil, almond butter, honey, vanilla, and cinnamon. Heat until bubbles start to form, and then remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, mix the chopped nuts, ground nuts, dried fruit, and almond butter mixture until everything is well combined.
- Pour the nut mixture into a dish covered with parchment paper and firmly pack the granola mixture tightly, making a single clean layer.
- Cover with another piece of parchment paper and let sit for 1 or 2 hours at room temperature.
- Place in the freezer for another hour.
- Slice the granola into equal rectangular pieces and serve. Keep the leftovers in the refrigerator.
Recipe from Paleo Leap..
Some Interesting Reading from TREBEL:
5 Reasons You Should Do The TREBEL Open
Kale and Beet Salad
What We Offer Is More Than Fitness