From the Community Table...
- 1 lb fresh or frozen sea scallops, patted dry with paper towels
- 3 medium red beets, peeled and cut chopped
- ½ Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 jalapeños, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Ground white pepper
Thaw scallops, if frozen.
For beet relish, in a medium bowl combine beets, apple, jalapeños, cilantro, onion, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, and lime juice. Mix well. Set aside while preparing scallops.
Rinse scallops; pat dry with paper towels. In a large skillet heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add scallops; sauté for 4 to 6 minutes or until golden brown on the exterior and barely opaque. Sprinkle scallops lightly with white pepper.
To serve, divide beet relish evenly among serving plates; top with scallops. Serve immediately.
Group Class Programming for Friday, June 2, 2017: